Northern Precision Products is an "Acme screw machine shop". As such, our specialty is turning bar stock into such products as sensor housings, valve bodies, hose barbs, bushings, caps, adjuster bolts, hubs, couplers, sleeves, stems, and nuts for high volume, precision industries.
The NPP machining equipment includes the following machines:
|6-Spindle Acme Automatic Bar Machine 1-2"||20|
|Single Spindle Hand Screw Machine||1|
|Vibratory Finishing Mill||1|
|Miyano CNC Turning Centers 34mm-45mm||2|
|Miyano 3-Axis Live Tool CNC "Chucker"||1|
If customer requirements call for it, NPP can procure an even greater range of machining capabilities through our established alliances with other regional machine shops. These include small piece/quick cycle Davenport turning and multi-axis CNC machining.
The "bottom line" in any operation is not in defining what you can do, but rather what you excel at doing. At Northern Precision Products our machining "Sweet Spot", where we can provide the greatest value proposition to our customers, is described below.
Northern Precision Products "Sweet Spot"
- bar-fed "single drop-off" machining
- two-axis machining
- machining grades of bar stock, especially free-cutting brass
- threads, either internal, external, or both
- round or hex rod with a diameter of ½" to 2"
- part lengths from ¼" to 3"
- minimum specification tolerances of +/- 0.002"
- "zero-defect" expectations
- minimum order quantities of 20,000 units, with weekly deliveries
- accommodation of short-notice delivery schedule "drop-ins and pull-aheads"